We were going to visit a friend who had a Summer apartment in Pineto, Italy. Situated beautifully on the Adriatic Coast, close to Citta San Angelo. Since we promised to make lunch on this hot Summer day, I chose this delicious cool pasta salad.
Ingredients: 1 small finely chopped onion, 2 packets or 4 bunches of chopped rocket (here in Spain I use packets but in Italy you can buy them fresh from the market), 3 litre of water, 3 finely chopped plum tomatoes, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 300 g orecchiette (little ears pasta), salt & pepper to taste
- Fry the onion until glazed and soft
- Cook rocket in water. Set this water later aside after you drained it. You will use it to cook the orecchiette in.
- Add tomatoes with the onion and fry it for 2 minutes. Switch heat off.
- Cook orecchiette al dente according to packet instructions
- Toss the orecchiette with the rocket and tomato mixture well.
- Bring to taste with salt and pepper
- Let it cool off
READY TO SERVE
TIP If you like spicy 🌶 add a chilli
DRINK with a Prosecco or here in Spain with Cava 🍾🥂
Romance of this recipe: My Mum lives in Tuscany since 5 December 1997 and I visited her there many times. We both love 💕 cooking and share a lot of time talking about food. Not only do we share this but we have the same interests in nature, love for dogs 🐕 and reading. I just love 💖 my young at heart Mum.