This colourful and delicate tasting recipe was given to me by my sweet and lovely Italian friend Milva. She made it for us when I was living in Italy, together with Lee and our two Rhodesian Ridgebacks Jabula and Ntombi.
INGREDIENTS 1 T olive oil, 1 clove of garlic, 2 large red peppers, salt & pepper to taste, 100 ml water, 250 ml cream, 500 g orecchiette (little ears pasta)
- Cut the red peppers Julienne
- Clean and press the garlic
- Fry olive oil in a medium hot pan
- Add the garlic and fry for one minute
- Add the red peppers and fry for another minute. Give it a good stir.
- Add salt & pepper to taste
- Add water and let it simmer for one hour on low to medium heat. Don’t let it boil!
- Puree all through a sieve
- Add the cream just a couple of minutes before you are about to serve. Make sure the sauce is hot but don’t allow it to boil.
In the meantime boil orecchiette as per packet instructions.
SERVE 🍝 Orecchiette tossed in peperoni sauce
The song is as delicate as this dish is.
DRINK 🍸 San Pellegrino Sparkling Water
RECOMMENDATION Add some Parmigiano Reggiano
Romance of this recipe I made this dish on 25 March 2011 in Strand, South Africa one day upfront for dinner with Norah and Raymond.
In May 2019 I bought this lovely Family Cooking Secrets tin and filled it with some recipes, one of them being this Orecchiette Crema Peperoni Rosso for my dear friend Alba.