We have got this awesome family tree dating back from 1629.
When on holidays from South Africa to The Netherlands Lee and I were walking in Amsterdam where we came across this home with a plaque saying:
“Door den Tijd wordt de Spruijt een Boom” or “Through Time the Sprout becomes a Tree”
I love how my father is saying that his mothers surname is Spruit, you know sweetheart: from “spruitje”, which is a Dutch Winter vegetable. A Brussels sprout, a miniature cabbage.
From whom I am descending?
- Jean Dagoufos (passed away in 1635), dressmaker and porter in Leiden married Anna
- They had 2 children of which Henrick Dagovosse married Maria Potheugue in Leiden in 1631
- From their 2 children, Coenraad Dagevos married Maria de Cheset in Leiden on 16 February 1656
- From their 6 children, Jacobus Dagevos married Marguérite du Vivié in Voorhout in 1687
- From their 3 children, Joannes Dagevos, predikant, married Petronella Dolk in Sprang Capelle in 1726
(their names arise in documents of the “Schepenbank”)
- From their 6 children, Adrianus Dagevos, pharmacist, married Cicilia Holswilders in Oegstgeest in 1757
- From their 10 children, Bastiaan Dagevos (baptised on March 12, 1769 in Leiden), pharmacist, married Maria Wijnnobel in Leiden in 1801
- From their 7 children, Petrus Izaak Dagevos, doctor, married Geertruida Wilhelmina Prins in Rijnsburg in 1830
- From their 13 children, Arend Johannes Adrianus Dagevos, married Cornelia Johanna Maria Bell in Kediri in 1878
- From their 10 children, Petrus Johannes Dagevos, married Susana Florentina Coert in Blitar in 1912
- From their 7 children, Eduard Theodorus Cornelis Dagevos, married Cornelia Erna Spruit in Blitar in 1934
You can find my family tree on https://www.WikiTree.com/treewidget/Dagevos-21/4
Opa, always happy with his very well-looked after flowers
Oma Spruitje, as my Dad calls her sweetly
From their 4 children my father, Richard Dagevos, married my mother Jannie Carolina Ykema in Arnhem in 1963
From their 3 children, Carolina Erna Dagevos married Lee-Ann Ruth Millin in Naarden-Vesting, The Netherlands in 2006