I was craving pancakes 🥞 for days and after cooking up a storm with spaghetti 🍝 Bolognese and Minestrone on yesterday’s sunny Sunday I got myself ready to make this pancake batter.
Utensils 🍴1 bowl for the batter, 1 bowl for the melted butter, wooden spoon, jug, soup ladle, 20cm ø frying pan, (egg lifter), plate
Ingredients for 5 pancakes
125 g Flour
3 dl Milk 🥛
1 organic Egg 🥚
25-30 g butter
1x 15 g butter plus 1 t butter x 4
- Place flour in the bowl and make a little hole
- Put the egg 🥚 in there and stir the flour/egg mixture
- Add milk 🥛 little by little until you have a smooth batter
- Let the batter rest for ½ hour
- Melt butter in the microwave and stir well through the batter
- Fry 15 g butter in a hot pan
- Add 1 soup ladle of batter and roll this to cover the pan
- Fry until edges are golden
- Toss the pan and flip the pancake over. If you don’t dare to, use an egg lifter.
- Place pancake on a plate
- Continue frying pancakes using 1 t of butter each time
Serve with maple syrup or sugar and cinnamon with a squeeze of lemon 🍋 juice or if you like it hearty add some crispy fried bacon 🥓 plus maple syrup or caramel banana 🍌 with whipped cream or anything you love
Delicious with a cup of rooibos tea ☕️
Music 🎶 Diamante by Zucchero
Romance of this recipe: I love memories and it was only on this day that I found out that Sarah Gertrude Millin, Granddad Millin’s cousins wife, who is a famous South African author, also lived on the diggings of the Vaal river.
I lived for months in Hotel Riviera-on-Vaal in Vereeniging in the bridal suite with an oval whirlpool bath 🛀🏼 while Lee was managing the hotel.
Every morning I could be found in the pool 🏊🏻♀️ doing my lengths. On one sunny day there was a dragonfly that was flying with me like a little helicopter. It was a wonderful experience and I have never forgotten it.